Monday, March 02, 2009

THE MINISTRY OF TRUTH PULLS THE PLUG

It's sad to note that one of the Good Guys is discontinuing his invaluable and genial program: Gordon Comstock is shutting down the Ministry of Truth for at least the foreseeable future. Here is his statement:

Due to the hardships of feudal serfdom, the Ministry has adjourned. There was always a thin window in my week when I could pull off a show; there is no such window right now for me and mine to keep up with website maintenance. The tech stuff finally did me in. I have no idea when or even if this thing will return. God knows; I don't know. I'm tired; my wife's tireder. Score two for the Robber Barons. Lord, have mercy; give us rest. --Gordon

Herb Smith and I had a very enjoyable time doing his show late last year--Gordon is very easy to talk to and has a deep and true knowledge of literature, history, and the current state of world affairs. More than that, in listening to him one gathers the accurate impression that he is simply a great guy.

His sane and sensible voice will be missed in this realm where shrill fear-mongering and rabid fulminating would seem to hold sway. We sincerely hope he will return with more excellent interviews and cogent analysis once he is able to do so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really sad news. Gordon's Ministry of Truth show was one of the best on the Internet. He came to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and he never had any bubble gum.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Don't worry! I give him about 2 weeks and he'll be back.
His new show'll be called: Beyond The Ministry'.
How's that for a new twist on an old song?

Anonymous said...

That's very sad to hear. There was lots of good information in his interviews and solo shows.Sometimes his judgement would falter momentarily and he'd interview Uticans or other disreputable people, but all in in all, I liked his show and his open style. Here's hoping that he'll find a renewal of energy and money and continue his work.