Wednesday, April 29, 2009

PREDICTIN' DA FUTURE WITH FETZ AND CAPTAIN MAY

I missed hearing all my favorite Truthy-types until I discovered that Unca Jim Fetzer was broadcasting on Revere Radio. But he's not the same old Fetz. In this broadcast he's scarcely to be heard as he lets the redoubtable Captain Eric May go on at length about the terror attack that was destined to take place this month in Chicago, with the Sears Tower as the Roman Candle du jour. I can only assume that Jim went out for a beer and a snack as the Captain held forth.

I gotta say I've barely been paying attention to the news these days. Did the Windy City actually get whacked? With all due respect to Eric May, I hope not. It's my ambition to try a Maxwell Street Polish sausage sandwich before I step off the planet.

Truly, if there's no kielbasa, the terrorists have won.

UPDATE: For those unable to listen to the two-hour program, this video clip will give you the flavor of the interview:

6 comments:

Jeffrey said...

I'm lookin' forward to hearing you guys on the radio soon. We need more funny. If you have anything coming up, do tell.

While we're waiting, Try the new Swine Flu Polish Sausage. FDA approved!

Andy said...

Thanks! You bet!

Ah, yes. Days of swine and roses! Well, they can take away my firearms, but they'll have to pry the bacon from my cold dead hand.

Andy said...

And I know it's pronounced "kill-basa" but I've eaten the stuff all my life and I ain't dead yet.

Dwight said...

The power structure's continual intention is to keep us divided over peripheral or trivial issues. I'm going to go with that and argue about sausage.

Portuguese linguica is the world's best sausage and I miss it in rural Maryland. Kielbasa can't touch it. I don't miss Captain May or Uncle Fetzer quite so much.

Someone should look into why I can't get linguica. I think it's a conspiracy of some sort.

Jeffrey said...

Oh, no. If it were bad for you Andy, the FDA and Gubment would've told you. They're here to help! Right? Like Vyz says, "Stop being so good to me."

Speaking of greasy sausage, I don't want to even picture his eating habits. It was bad enough having drinks with the Fetz and his challenged sidekick Ms. Woods after the "Greg incident!"

Shoot low boys. Them sociopaths are ridin' shetland ponies.

Andy said...

Actually, Dwight, I'd probably prefer that other stuff. And Polish food can get tiresome in a hurry.

I was speaking more about the Maxwell Street sandwich as an unattainable ideal--a Platonic kielbasa, as it were.

The Lost Chord of Sausage, when realized, cloys.